Pumpkin season has arrived! Nothing screams fall quite like whisperings of the plentiful pumpkin products that adorn every store window and line every market aisle. It’s a terribly tempting time of year! If you’re as festive and indlugent as myself, you are faced with two tricky options: give in or mindfully adapt. The latter is where this recipe comes into play. I give you the pumpkin yogurt and chocolate rice cake. A low calorie fall snack that’s sure to satisfy your tastebuds and your health goals.
Pumpkin Yogurt & Chocolate Rice Cake Recipe
I’ve been on a bit of a health kick lately and it has been so hard to avoid sugar with a sweet tooth like mine. Enter the seasonal pumpkin products and I was dying inside. That’s where this low calorie fall snack that I concocted by chance comes into play. At under 80 calories per serving (by my estimates), I must say I’m equally surprised and pleased with how it turned out and tastes! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do this autumn season!
- 1 Organic Whole Grain Rice Cakes, Plain & Salt Free
- 2 Tbsp. Pumpkin Greek Yogurt (I used Trader Joe’s)
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- 1 Square Dark Chocolate (I used Trader Joe’s)
These directions are by no means rocket science and, I’m guess that, by looking at the photo you’ll know what to do! But just in case here’s a little overview:
- Take your rice cake and spread approximately 2 Tbsp. of your pumpkin greek yogurt on top.
- Sprinkle lightly with some extra cinammon (if desired!)
- Take your square of dark chocolate and chop or break it up – sprinkle evenly on top.