aCinco de Mayo is right around the corner! Anyone else ready for a little fiesta? While we don’t have any plans to host this year, it’s always a good idea to have some guacamole on hand because…well, you never know! This past weekend, Sky and I went to Costco. Being the crazy people we are, we bought a 3-pack of guacamole. Now, the guacamole they sell there is stellar when you’re in a pinch. However, I’ve been told I make a pretty mean homemade guac myself. They even call it “Chupacabra”. Okay, so that’s a lie. But, I decided to make a batch of my own today. I don’t mean to brag but, here is the review it was given. “This Guacamole transported me to Mexico!” Does it matter that it was my husband’s review? Pah! No! Give the self-dubbed best guacamole recipe a try and see if you yourself are transported someplace new. Hope you enjoy!
Things You’ll Need
- 4 Medium + ripe Avocados
- 1 Lime, halved
- 8 – 10 Cherry Red Tomatoes
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. Onion Powder
- ½ tsp. Ground Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt
- ¼ C. Cilantro, chopped
- Cayenne Pepper to Taste (optional)
- Potato Masher
- Chips (Obviously but, in case you are at the market right now, don’t forget them!)
Things You’ll Do
- Halve your avocados and remove the pit
- Dice your tomatoes (thing small enough to rest on a chip)
- In a medium bowl, scoop the avocados out of their skin using a spoon
- Using a citrus press or your hands, squeeze your lime into the bowl
- Using your potato masher, give your avocado meats a few presses. I like to keep my guacamole pretty chunk and so only press 6-8 times. Totally your call, though!
- Mash the avocados to your liking then, use a spoon to mix in the cherry red tomatoes, minced garlic cloves, onion powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, sea salt and cilantro
- Lastly, if you are looking to make the best guacamole recipe with a kick, add in a little cayenne pepper and stir in. Keep in mind, if you are letting the guac sit for a period of a few hours, the cayenne will get stronger!
- Put on a chip and eat it!